Friday, August 31, 2012

The Take Down

Kendrick didn’t fail me; I had a reply in hours.  It seems he was as desperate for cash as I was for information.  I wish I knew where this guy gets his information from.  He had an address and a picture from a gas station with a time stamp from that morning.  The address was an apartment over a store in Mexican Town.  Specs wanted this bitch dead and Kendrick still on the street.  I guess I owe him for putting us on the hook for Tammy.  So I watched an easy 20 grand walk away with a warning to lay low and get out of town.  As I was getting up from the table I notice a card just sticking out from under his napkin.  The front was a business card for some bankruptcy lawyer Eric Howler.  The back was a different store was a web address and password written in block lettering.  I’m so glad I decided to tell him about the bounty.
It was a hot day and the sounds of window air conditioners could fought to be heard over the sound of traffic from the street.  I have an ear bud speaker so I can hear Specs.  Sasha lives in an apartment over a Mexican restaurant, figures.  I choose not to wear the mic for the radio, with the heat I’m not wearing a jacket and there is no place I can hide it that doesn’t alert everyone that something is going down.  I set down in the restaurant and order some tacos while I waited for Specs to set up.  Up to this point things are looking good.  The food is okay, I’m sure I’ll pay for it later but I needed to kill time while I waited.  I get the signal just as the check comes.  I leave a tip and head around the corner to get to her place.  There is a foul smell, like rotting meat coming from the dumpster.  The stairs are in a hallway the temperature raised 10 degree in there.  I could hear movement inside the apartment so I sent a text to Specs asking if he had.  I got an affirmative in my ear so I knocked on the door.  The movement stopped and Specs screams in my ear get out of there I’m blind.  She pulled the shades.  I crouch down drew my gun. 
The door flew open and I put two rounds into nothing.  I see light glinting off a blade as it swings down and sinks into my leg.  The pain shoots though me.  Specs is yelling something I can’t understand as the blade swings again.  I managed to move mostly out of the way this time and blade only slices a shallow line on the outside of my arm.  My roll was cut short as my back hit the wall.  The knife struck the wall where my head would have been.  She must have hit a wall stud because the knife stuck fast in the wall.  I’ll never forget he look in her eyes as she grabbed for something behind her back.  Her eyes were focused on me with complete hatred.  I gained my senses and shot her three times in the chest.  She only staggered back as I was showered wife ceramic fragment.  This crazy lady was wearing chest armor.  I kicked out with my good leg and landed a hit square in her chest, sending her backwards some more.  It was enough to cause her to fall down the stairs.  From my angle I could see her fall but, it sounded like she tumbled down.   I crawled to the stairs and saw her at the bottom not moving. Her head was at a weird angle, she was dead.  This whole time she didn’t say a word, I expected her to be screaming bloody murder but nothing.  I had to rip up my shirt for a make shift bandage.  When I got to the bottom of the stairs I could hear the police sirens approaching.  I wasn’t going to get away clean bit I would still get my payday. 
The papers say she had parts from eight different bodies in her apartment.  This was one crazy lady.

Kendricks Link
Passcode DW64V

No comments:

Post a Comment